Thursday, April 12, 2012

Two of Anything gigs this month



A quartet project that I'm calling Two of Anything is springing back into action this month. We're playing on Monday April 16th at Sycamore in Ditmas Park, Brooklyn, and then on April 28th at I Beam. I'll be playing Wurlitzer electric piano and synth, and the compositions were written by improvising on those two keyboards. I'm excited to be playing with these great musicians:

Eivind Opsvik - Bass
Jason Nazary - Drums and Electronics
Jeremy Viner - Saxophone and Clarinet

I saw Jason play a solo drums/electronics set a while ago at Douglass St. It was amazing! Eivind's new record Overseas IV is one of the most unique and thoughtful musical statements I've heard recently. Jeremy is an incredibly versatile player, at home with the complex musical structures of Bobby Aver or Travis Reuter's music as well as in free improvisation.

Here's some live tracks from a show at Barbes last year, with Flin Van Hemmen on drums.

No comments:

Post a Comment